Friday, September 10, 2010

Superpowers FACT or FRICTION ...

You know I realize way too often how much I try to put something in a container that will not hold it ... ya know kinda of like when you watch your kiddos try really really hard to put the star in the heart shape on their first block toy. They EXPECT it to go in there, because they know somehow someway it will but they cannot force it so what results is either a great big cry or they just stop playing with it for a while... or you as their parent go and show them the difference. {OR possibly all three :)}
One of the absolutely worst packages I try to put myself(and other people) in is the Superhuman role ... you know the idea of "No slack is cut for me because, by golly, I have Jesus ! I'm supposed to be above failure." His spirit within me is one of the ways I know He's real. But it doesn't erase our humanity. And I realize the burden of high expectations and the guilt associated with not living up to them is one of the reasons I end up miserable one tear short of just quitting all together. My daily walk strengthens me, it is where I truly see mercy and grace pour out on me - and others. HOWEVER I have been so drained by a couple of ongoing situations(you ever meet those guys Pete and REpete?) in my recent life I have chosen to distance myself from the reality of mercy and grace. I end up feeling side swiped and slandered, broken and bruised, guilty and condemned which are HUGE LIES all around the table. Quiet time is wonderful - when we are able to go fully before the throne of ENDLESS grace... instead of the dunce seat where we review all our flaws and shortcomings in a check list of how I have failed HIM.
GOD loves us unconditionally and without regard to our failures. Our misguided(enemy guided and interjected) actions/emotions do not erase or stop the love of God - however sin can separate us from His intimate fellowship. I mean sometimes I ask the ridiculous question what does God want from me ?? Silly question ... HE desires for each of us to experience the overflowing perpetual goodness of HIM - Elohim sovereign and majestic - the one that forgives our sins and also restores and refreshes our weary storm-driven lives. The choice is do we dwell on the emotional ick or do we focus on the TRUTH ... until it saturates our soul, and then the next day do it again and the next day we do it again ... until we are with Him face to face... or on our face before Him is really more what I think it will be like. God desires us to walk in truth ... when we know Truth He will set us free, we can also know the truth(that people hurt people, that you just get tired, that junk will build a barrier that you cannot hurdle on your own) I mean have you had that AAHAA moment ... TRUTH IS A PERSON ... His name is JESUS and HIS LOVE is real and eternal ... EVERYTHING else will pass. EVERYTHING .... not one person, place or thing on this temporary earth will be the same when we are in GLORY with Christ. IT just wont ... and He has promised us so much ... help ...not superhero powers(although I would really dig that flame throwing power) ... here as we are in this world. That He will bear our burdens ... HIS yoke(teachings) is light and HIS love is so vast that we cannot comprehend its dutimus power (Explosive, dynamic, energetic; dutimus is the Greek word used for the dynamic power of the Holy Spirit.) to change our current situation by us asking for a change in our current saturation ...from temporary tears to eternal LIVING WATER.

And to quote our pastor ... we ARE saved by accepting Christ, we are BEING saved through sanctification, and we WILL be saved in the Resurrection. Thats it folks... thats ALL of it..
I mean the whole superhuman thing would be pretty cool ... able to love rude people into being unbound... how about shooting webs of love and grace from our hugs ... or maybe even to give grace when it seems to be the dumbest thing to possibly do ... oh wait THAT is the POWER OF CHRIST ... so it is HE who dwells in ME ...My COMFORT, My SHELTER. Now does that mean that you dont need an actual physical person you can cry too? OR to hug and love on you when you are feeling broken? Or to call you to rise up and offer direction(even if it is rejected) No but it does mean that Jesus is the ONLY One that can truly dry your tears and the only One fully worthy of being trusted to do so.

No comments: