Monday, August 23, 2010

He will wipe away all our tears!!

I have found a lot of comfort in these verses today ... and in my GOD. No matter what circumstances swirl around us, He is steady -- our ROCK!
“Now this is the confidence we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petition that we have asked of Him.” I John 4:17
“For I am persuaded(CONVINCED!) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38
“Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:21-23

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. “Matthew 11:28-30

“The Lord is near to those who are broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18
Praise God that He is close to those who are suffering. He knows the pain we’re going through and He keeps us from being consumed by it. I rest in the knowledge that God is near and will continue to carry me if I allow Him to. It’s a choice for all of us– a conscious decision you have to make. You have to acknowledge that you need help getting through it, and God is the only answer. When adversity strikes, our human nature wants to curl up in a ball and make the world go away(I know my human nature sure does!!). But the Bible teaches us that although we ARE suffering now, it is nothing compared to the glory we will have in heaven. Our lives here on earth are a blink in time compared to eternity. Christ took all of our sin at the cross so that we might spend eternity with Him (and our children), and He will wipe every tear from our eyes (Revelations 7:17)Jolie reminded me of this yesterday... how is it that my seven year old daughter remembers that God will wipe every tear from our eyes and I could only cry more!??!
From the dust of which we were created, a broken heart expresses the patience of faith that gives God a chance to show Himself faithful. Father in heaven, our sight and our strength is so limited. And we are so often tempted to think that our well-being depends on what we can see or feel. Please help us in this day to look beyond this moment to the love of Your heart, to the suffering of Your Son, and to the promise of the home and future You are preparing for us. —Mart De Haan

No comments: